There's an old curse that I think applies right now: May you live in interesting times. This is certainly that. I know there is a lot of anxiety right now, about the markets, about the health of older family and friends, and how we are going to get through several weeks of staying home.
At CovingtonAlsina, we are still working through all the market volatility. During this interesting time, here's how we are reaching out:
· Our Facebook page will continue to have updates and research.
· Our podcast, the Monday Money Report, is giving weekly updates. You can listen to it through The Daily News Brief by Eye on Annapolis. The transcripts are posted each week to the blog on our website.
· I will have my cell phone on and be taking calls every day until 9:30 pm, and over the weekends. Please call any time. 410-349-6284
· Our texting application allows you to text us; it is not just outbound from our office. 410-559-9497
And some good news:
· Mortgage rates are at their lowest since the Federal Reserve began tracking them. Now is a great time to consider refinancing.
· The Federal Reserve has refinanced hundreds of millions of government bonds -- lowering the interest rate on our national debt.
· If you are contributing to your employer-sponsored retirement plan (401(k), 403(b), TSP), you are buying low right now. I always say that buying low feels like eating cold, mushy peas. It doesn't taste very good going down, but it is good for you.
We're on a roller coaster right now. The best thing we can all do is to hold on tight to the handlebar, close our eyes, and ignore that our stomachs are somewhere over our heads.